‘Tis the “SEA”son at the Village at Wexford, as the premier shopping village transforms its outdoor Farmers’ Market into a winter holiday wonderland – right in the middle of July. To celebrate the year-round spirit of giving, VAW invites the public to celebrate “Christmas in July” – providing an exciting day of holiday-themed food, fun, entertainment and crafts, while benefiting the Child Abuse Protection Association (CAPA.)
Christmas in July will turn the Market into a festive Holiday Village featuring holiday crafts and snacks, Christmas music, games and entertainment – all with a fun beach/surf theme. In addition to the Market at VAW being adorned with flamingos in Santa hats, “Sand Snowmen”, watermelon Christmas trees and pool noodle candy cane games, “Christmas in July” will feature photos with a surf-attire “Sand-a” — complete with swim trunks, surf board backdrop and fun Christmas flare. Unique Christmas photos with “Sand-a” are a great way for people to get their Christmas cards started early – and pets are welcome to add to the fun family photo opportunities and general festivities.
Other “Christmas in July” activities will include:
- Christmas Crafters for Holiday Shopping.
- The North Pole Trolley onsite for kids to climb aboard and all decorated for Christmas.
- Holiday games and crafts for the kids
- Ornament making stations (including shell painting ornaments)
- Fun holiday beverages by vendors, including Iced Hot Cocoa
- Complimentary Holiday Palmetto Pops to the first 50 kids.
- Christmas carols
- Santa Hats on all the vendors.
- SAND Man – Baby pool with sand.
To benefit CAPA, the event will collect items needed for summer to provide to the organization. Attendees are encouraged to bring diapers, teen books, bug spray, teen snacks and summer clothing. CAPA will be onsite at the event to receive the donations, complete with a Christmas tree and decorations.
For more information about “Christmas in July” at the Village at Wexford, visit the VAW Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/villageatwexford/.